subscribed. Thank you.
5 Great Ways To Use Credit Card Rewards
There are lots of great reasons to have a rewards credit card. One way to look at it is, it’s like getting extra money just for spending on things you needed to buy anyway. The question is, what should you do with all those credit card rewards you’re racking up when you purchase essentials such as gas, groceries, clothing, and airline tickets? Here are five great ideas of how you can use credit card rewards:
1. Stash away your points for the holiday season. Many rewards cards let you redeem your points for gift cards to popular retailers, including the Apple Store, Gap, Barnes and Noble, Sephora, and others. If you like taking the guesswork out of your gift-giving by giving people gift cards, you can have your holiday season shopping finished in a snap when you save them up to exchange for gift cards for all your loved ones.
2. Take a vacation. Travel rewards credit cards can offer you perks that allow you to take a trip you might not otherwise have ever considered. Stay at a fancy resort, fly across the globe, explore a region you’ve never been to before, or upgrade your airline tickets to first class with your miles or points. Rewards add up quicker than you’d think when you use your card for everyday expenses. Hotel and airline co-branded rewards credit cards are best if you’re planning to do this.
3. Be charitable and give back. Many cards allow you to use your points to donate to a charity of your choice. Log into the rewards center of your credit card issuer’s website and look into which charities they partner with, then choose how many points you’d like to donate to the cause. This is a great way to contribute to a nonprofit organization you care about, at no cost to you. Consider matching your credit card’s donation dollar for dollar, making your gift go even further.
4. Do something out of the ordinary. Maybe you’d never shop at a particular luxury retailer, or take a cruise, or subscribe to a favorite magazine – but with your credit card points, you can try some of these things that feel like an extravagance. Switch things up and do something unexpected, courtesy of your credit card issuer.
5. Save on your commute. Lots of people use their credit card rewards for just one thing; they devote all their points or cashback to just one goal. If you’d like to do this, consider getting a gas credit card that gives you rewards for fueling up, as well as discounts on gas purchases. You can save at the pump and cut your commuting costs if you drive to work every day. Some cards give up to five percent back on gas purchases at a certain brand of gas station. Look for a co-branded credit card with the gas station company that you use the most, and you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck.
Credit Card News & Tips?
Subscribe to be aware of the latest news and best balance transfer offers for free. Simply enter your e-mail address and press "subscribe" button.
0BalanceTransfer.net never shares your e-mail address with any third parties.
To unsubscribe click the Unsubscribe link in any of 0BalanceTransfer's newsletters or below.
newsletter on 0BalanceTransfer.net
Balance Transfer FinderDon`t know what balance transfer offer to choose? Use the tool to analyse your particular situation. See the credit cards offered and pick one.